JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is responsible for managing end-to-end processes, sales and operations within the branch location. The individual in this role must ensure adherence to all laws and legal regulations, provide excellent customer service, manage on-site and sales staff, optimize productivity, grow the business and monitor all financial matters.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
* Ensure branch KPI’s set annually are met and/or exceeded
* Ensure gross profit growth target set annually is achieved and/or exceeded
* Drive strong growth within designated geographical area
* Develop and expand customer relationships together with sales
* Accompany sales calls as needed
* Optimize branch transactions, increase sales and decrease operating expenses
* Optimize staffing productivity to achieve best use of resources
* Promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements and expectations
* Set and communicate employee performance expectations and goals, and communicate how these contribute to the strategy
* Monitor, evaluate, and hold employees accountable for performance goals and expectations through JAS performance management processes
* Responsible for P&L financial controlling and strategic planning (budget)
* Prepare yearly budget including, investments and staffing
* Financial Management: AR, AP, DSO and Job Cost
* Prepare monthly strategic overview report
* Responsible for implementation and maintenance of standardized processes, structures and systems according to corporate guidelines
* Adhere to all defined Business Management System policies and procedures and local laws
* Other duties as assigned
* The incumbent may directly and/or indirectly supervise up to 50 employees
* Manage, coach, mentor and develop direct reports
* Knowledge of the market and competitors as well as trends and industry challenges
* Strong business and financial acumen (understands principles and language, including the fundamentals of financial analysis)
* Collaborates well across business units/functions to accomplish goals and/or targets
* Analyzes information using tools and techniques, identifies implications, and draws conclusions
* Solid strategic and planning skills, ability to translate strategy to operational plan and execution
* Proven track record in people management and leadership skills
* Effective verbal and written communication skills (should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences)
* Strong decision-making capabilities and high accountability
* Results oriented and customer focused
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
* Detail oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
* Works effectively with others and independently
* Knowledge and experience in recruitment, selection, training and development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required
* B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred
* Minimum five (5) experience in freight forwarding and operations management required, 10 years preferred
* Experiences in air, ocean, logistics and supply chain management (SCM) required
* Minimum three (3) years supervisory/managerial experience required
* Prior experience establishing aligned organizational strategic goals for team members and managing employees to KPI’s required
* Experience and demonstrated ability in managing and prioritizing heavy workloads while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced organization required
* Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint in particular) required
* Sound understanding of a P&L preferred
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.