JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is responsible for overhead related tasks during month end close (journal entries, account review, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.) Incumbent works with the senior accountants to distribute financial information. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining operating lease information, filing tax and report submissions with various jurisdictions, and providing audit and research support on an ad hoc basis.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
* Prepare overhead and intercompany accruals/ journal entries at month end close.
* Organize/file monthly journal entry support.
* Prepare assigned monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Assist with review of overhead GL accounts and provide variance explanations during month-end close.
* Prepare financial reporting for distribution.
* Prepare controllable cost analyses monthly.
* Prepare quarterly gross profit reporting.
* Maintain files/spreadsheets for building leases and rent payment requirements.
* Coordinate non-disclosure agreement signing during lease process.
* Maintain operating lease summary schedules.
* Administer copier meter readings.
* File business licenses, annual reports, and surveys with Federal, state and local jurisdictions.
* Respond to emails and phone calls.
* Assist with audit submissions
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
* Flexibility with work schedule required as special projects or audit tasks may be given in order to meet deadlines.
* Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
* Self-motivated, able to work on a team and independently.
* Ability to analyze data.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
* One to two years accounting experience required.
* Ability to utilize Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, Outlook.
* Experience with Cargowise (C1) is a plus.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.