JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is responsible for ensuring business retention and development and includes tactical and strategic responsibilities. Is responsible to improve the day-to-day execution of the service delivered to accounts.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
* Lead and manage the implementation of any new services in collaboration with the appropriate operational stay at all origin/destinations.
* Create, distribute, and maintain Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) in collaboration with Sales, Operations, and Finance.
* Ensure each branch servicing the account understands the SOPs and executed accordingly.
* Maintain rates and assess yields on a monthly basis.
* Monitor account for timely payments and assist with collections on past due invoices.
* Set up internal reports to monitor our performance in meeting critical milestones.
* Immediately communicate any issues or exceptions to Operations.
* Manage and lead business reviews; establish a quarterly review cycle, at a minimum.
* When necessary, travel within region to visit accounts/account sites and branches to review procedures and maintain customer information/satisfaction.
* Continuously focus on penetrating other areas of the business for additional support and to uncover additional business opportunities.
* Ensure all company policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
* Understand accounts’ business strategy, objectives and risks/constraints; continually focus efforts on providing solutions to achieving objectives and mitigating risks/constraints.
* Continuously pursue and implement more efficiency and cost reduction measures.
* Provide accounts with market updates (trade agreements, strikes, new capacity being introduced, etc.) and educational support.
* The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise employees.
* Excellent organizational skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong customer service, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess a sense of urgency and lead by example.
* Must have excellent problem resolution skills.
* Good analytical and program management skills; ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures.
* Must be flexible and respond easily to changing demands.
* Ability to understand logistics.
* Must be creative and have the ability to troubleshoot.
* Ability to travel domestically 10% of the time
* Ability to work extended hours to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
* Minimum two years’ experience in the industry, or a related service industry.
* Minimum one-year operational experience in the service(s) the account utilizes.
* Command of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Internal/External sales skills required.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.