JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Business Process Management (BPM) Director is responsible for identifying, proposing and implementing solutions that focus on improving JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. performance by managing and optimizing its business processes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
* Work with COO and/or SVP Operations to create, articulate, and implement operational strategies and processes consistent with goals of the company
* Support regional business process managers by developing training materials related to new initiatives and ensuring there is alignment in training of Branch/Department management
* Partner with JAS Worldwide to ensure that strategies and processes created to assist JAS USA are aligned with those in place for the global organization
* In partnership with management and operations staff identify, define and measure certain KPIs within operation
* Work with regional BPM managers to train, monitor and enhance the operational performance of the regions and branches
* Work with finance and/or regional accounting manager to ensure consistency in operations relative to the financial goals of the Company
* Develop and publish reports that allow management to evaluate operational performance and identify areas for potential improvement
* Provide JAS Worldwide IT and Compliance suggested technology improvements that can positively affect productivity and operational performance
* Create and drive initiatives that enhance operational efficiency and support consistent levels of superior customer service
* As a member of the Strategic Steering Team evaluate non-standard customer requests/requirements to determine ability to support (when outside internal standard process) and ensure desired goals/outcomes can be delivered
* Work with and direct the corporate quality manager to ensure compliance with JAS Worldwide BMS (Business Management System) and alignment to JAS USA policies
* Manage and develop the USA BPM Team
* Coach and mentor direct reports
* Excellent product knowledge
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
* Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
* Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
* High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required
* Ten (10) plus years’ experience in freight forwarding and operations management required
* Three (3) years supervisory/managerial experience is required
* Prior experience establishing aligned organizational strategic goals for team members and managing employees to KPI’s required
* Previous experience and demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize heavy workloads while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced organization required
* Ability to travel domestically approximately 15% of the time
* Ability to work extended hours to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
* B.A. or B.S. preferred
* Sound understanding of quality management systems preferred
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.